April 14, 2005

Light at the end of the tunnel...

So there's some good news. My knee is feeling a bit better. But I'm not sure what is causing it to feel better. Here are the variables in question.

1. I was off from work today and was able to just rest the knee.
2. I started taking glucosamine a couple of days ago.
3. It has been 7 days since I hurt my knee.
4. Been on a constant regime of Advil.

So what is helping my knee? Rest, Glucosamine, Advil, or time. Or is it a combination of all four? Whatever it is, I'm just glad than I'm not walking like Eye-Gore from Young Frankenstien.

So my current rehab plan is to start walking a mile or so on Saturday. I'll probably do that for a week. No running at all for at least 7 days. Afterwards I'll probably alternate walking and running a lap for a total of 1 1/2 miles. Hopefully I can get back to training mode soon. That first 5K is coming soon!