April 24, 2005

Another 2 miles traveled...

Oh yeah today was a good day. I decided to take my rehabilitated knee out on the road for a test drive. I held up suprisingly well. I bought some new shoes to help alleviate the recurrence of my knee injury. They're called The Beast. The are THE shoe for flat footed runners. I was able to run today and didn't even think about my knee. I know it's only one day, but it looks promising for me.

I signed up for my first 5k. The Run, Forest, Run 5K. I have 6 months to get ready for it. My only goals for this race is one, to be able to run the whole thing without stopping. And two, to have a half way decent time. I think if I can accomplish number 1, it will take care of number 2.

I am following Cool Running.com's Training program. The Couch to 5k training schedule. It seems very doable. I'll keep you updated.