June 04, 2005

Struggling...

What a difference 3 days make. Just 3 days ago, I was feeling unstoppable. I was cruising along without any doubt that I was going to finish the program without any problems. Then WHAM!!! Thursday's run was a disaster! About halfway through my run I just stopped. I couldn't believe it. I had no energy and my legs were actually burning! Talk about being in a major depression! I walked home with my tail between my legs. I felt absolutely horrible. I felt that I had not only let myself down, but also the readers of this blog. The highs that I get from accomplishing a good run are really high. But the lows of having to cut a run shot are extremely low! I took yesterday to recompose myself and to rededicate my self to today's run. I finished today's run without stopping (thank god), but there were plenty of times that I wanted to quit. But I as bound and determined not to. I even ran a little bit extra as "punishment" for quitting 3 days ago. I don't know what has happened, but I am going to overcome this little setback. I will keep you guys updated.