May 18, 2005

One foot in front of the other...

I'm writing this entry a day after completing my first run of week 5. I must say that I was very happy with my run yesterday. I felt energetic during the run and never felt exhausted until the very end. The best part was that after the run, I felt a surge of energy. Normally my routine after running is to stretch and then recoup a little bit on the recliner before jumping into the shower. But last night I washed dishes, cleaned-up the kitchen, and even popped in two loads of laundry into the washer. It was amazing! During the runs I can really feel my endurance building and I'm the reaping the benefit of increased energy during the days. I can't wait until tomorrows run. But I'm still a bit leary of Fridays 20 minute journey. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there!