June 14, 2005

30 minutes accomplished!!!

It's the last week of the program and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was very excited to take on this last week, but just about an hour before my run I felt very weak and tired. I actually contemplated not running, but I didn't want to fall behind on the last week. So I threw on my running clothes and tied on my running shoes and hit the road. After finishing my warm up walk I still didn't feel any better. I reached my starting point, hit start on my watch and away I went. The first quarter mile was a struggle. My right knee was stiff and my left shin hurt. Not a good way to start off my run. But nonetheless, I continued my run. Once I hit the half mile mark, my legs loosened up and I hit my stride. I started sweating good and didn't even mind the head wind. I took on each hill with the determination not to let it slow me down. I reached my stopping point just slightly under 30 minutes so I had to back track a bit. Ahhh, 30 minutes over!!! Can't wait to hit the road again!!!