June 17, 2005

I'm Joggin' in the rain, joggin' in the rain...

Yesterdays run, added something new to my running routine. Rain. As soon as I finished my warm up the rain started to trickle down. It actually felt pretty damn good. It wasn't really windy and the rain kept me pretty cool. I did get a few weird looks from people driving by. The had that look on their face like "Why the hell is that guy running in the rain?" They must not be a runner. Runners don't ask that kind of question, they simply understand why I'm running in the rain. I started my run off feeling really good. I even had to tell myself to slow down, because my pace was just a little too fast. I had absolutely no problem conquering the hills along the route. I'm currently covering 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. I'm going to do that run one more time and then I'll step up the distance and the time a little every two weeks or so. Only one more run left on this running program and then I can officially call myself a runner. Who would've thunk it?