June 29, 2005

Hit me baby One more time...

Distance: 2.7 Miles
Pace: 11:30 Minutes/Mile

Oh yeah!!! Yet another successful run for me. Knocked out 2.7 Miles without any major problems. I did catch a few foxtails in my shoes trying to avoid a mountain of Dog poo on the sidewalk. I had to stop for a sec to pull them out before they drew blood. Other than that, everything went pretty smoothly. I'll probably stay at this distance for 2 more runs then I'll jump it up to 3.1 miles. Which just so happens to be the distance that a 5K covers. Once I can run 3.1 miles without a problem, I'll begin to work on my speed. I'd like to finish the 5K in under 25 minutes. I know that's not exactly a fast time, but I think it's a pretty good goal for me to aim for. You have to remember, I was damn near 300 pounds not too long ago!!! My body is holding up to the training. But I do have some tenderness in my right knee. I'll continue to pay attention to it and give it some rest if the pain gets any worse. Other than that there isn't much else to say. Oh there is one thing If you're going to allow your dog to defecate on the sidewalk, please dispose of it properly. Don't expect people to just dodge the poop like its prop in an obstacle course!!!. Ok rant over...